Dates for your diary
We are pleased to let you know about our programme of Social events during the rest of the year. Please put the dates in your diary and keep your eye open for more details on the Social Committee Noticeboard in the Club House-
- Monday 29 May 2017 from 9.30 am - Bank Holiday Drive – Come along and buy an early morning bacon butty, have a relaxed game of bowls and then enjoy a BBQ lunch for just £8 washed down by a glass of wine or beer from the bar.
- Saturday 17 June 2017 at 2.00pm -‘Ascot/Derby Day’ – afternoon tea. Come along – perhaps dressed up for the Royal Enclosure – and play fun bowls. A ‘High Tea’ (£6) will be served – delicate savouries and cakes.
- Saturday 1 July 2017 - Open Invitation Triples - The Club invites 12 Triples from other Clubs to play in an all-day competition. We provide the teams with high quality hospitality and catering and cash prizes. This is a fund-raising event for us but is made better if there are spectators – so please pop along and enjoy the sport.
- Monday 28 August 2017 - Outdoor Funday – Fun and games on the Green. Come along and enjoy this day and bring friends and family with you. A lunch will be served and drinks will be available.
- Saturday/Sunday 9/11 September 2017 – Finals Weekend and Supper. After an intense day watching the finals on the green come along and relax and have supper with friends in the Club house. Tea and cakes will be available during the afternoon.
- Saturday 11 November 2017 - Christmas Fair - this will be our third Christmas Fair and will be a great event to kick off the festive season. A whole range of all those extras that make Christmas special will be on sale as well as gift ideas and cards. A special Christmas cake will be baked to raffle at the event.
- Friday 17 November 2017 - Presentation Dinner - This is the most formal of our events where we scrub up, have outside caterers and formally present the Competition winners with their trophies. The three-course meal with sherry, wine and canapés is provided by the catering team from Walton Heath Golf Club and there is always a strong demand for tickets (max 80 people) so look out for the sign-up sheet in the clubhouse.
- Friday 15 December 2017 - Christmas Party - a real fun evening is planned. Kicking off with carol singing followed by the thespian event of the year – the annual pantomime!! Stand by for more details.
In addition to above events there are other fun activities held in the clubhouse - no need to book in advance - just turn up.
Crafts and Chat – is held all year, every Monday from 10.30am to 12.30pm. (Gloria Corp 01737 370826 & Carol Rowell 01737 370633). Come along and pursue your own craft in the company of friends or learn a new craft from others. Or just come along and chat!
The Fish & Chip Supper (just £6) is held all year on the first Friday of the month. Please let us know by the Thursday if you are coming to Fish & Chips - (Gloria Corp 01737 370826 & Jenny Bradbury 01737 352344). A great opportunity to keep up with Club friends and to make new ones – and save having to cook for yourself (and no washing up!)
The social events of the Club are organised by the Social and Fundraising Committee. This Committee is chaired by Stuart Sweetman and has the following members
Brian Bilham, Alan Blanshard, Gloria Corp, Marion Dollimore, Wendy Foster, Alan Frost, Terri Peskett, Carol Rowell, Viv Salkeld, Gordon Terry, Jill Holmes, Roger Holmes, Pat Sweetman
The role of the Committee is to
o Provide a range of enjoyable social events and activities for Club members and their guests
o Raise money to help the Club provide facilities for its members
We all contribute to deciding the overall programme, and the planning and running of the individual events. If you have any ideas about what we can do in the future to improve your experience as a Club Member, please speak to any of us.