Our Club was founded in 1935 - we celebrated our 80th Anniversary in 2015.The Ladies’ Section was formed some two months after the men’s club and became known as the Lady Neville Bowling Club. Both clubs continued during the war and games were arranged to raise funds for charity. In 1992 the ladies’ and men’s clubs merged to become Banstead Neville Bowling Club and joined forces in calling for the Council to improve the quality of the green. In 1999 we began negotiations with the Council to take over the bowling facilities.
In November 2002 a 25 year lease was signed to take over the green and we changed the status of the club to become a limited company by guarantee.Determined to have our own pavilion, members raised the necessary funds and the new pavilion was opened in May 2005 in time for our 70th birthday celebrations.
The club’s badge shows the beacon, situated on high ground nearNorkPark, which was part of the signaling system to warn of invasion in times past. A bale of wool represents the trade in wool from the sheep which grazed on Banstead Downs – a flock of them still does. The ancient well provided the village’s water in times past; it is still there in Park Road, next to the War Memorial and is not far from the club.